By Mama Bailey
This is my ‘wicked’ rice pudding recipe as it includes rum. It makes a great dessert at winter dinner parties or if you just want something sweet and warming during a night in.
- 75g raisins
- 50mls rum
- 1ltr skimmed milk
- 150g basmati rice
- 1 large cinnamon stick, broken into large pieces
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Put raisins in a bowl and cover with rum.
- Put milk, rice and cinnamon into a pan and bring to boil. Cover and simmer gently for 20 mins, stir often.
- Check rice is cooked.
- Remove cinnamon and stir in sugar.
- Spoon into dishes and top with wicked raisins.
I used pretty cups to serve this in. You can leave out the rum if you prefer a non-alcoholic version, just sprinkle naked raisins over the top. Delicious.